Strategic Planning & Execution
High performing IT organizations are adept at aligning their IT and broader organizational strategies. IT must not only plan to enable the business but should also be helping drive business strategy.
Puffin Advisors can help you design and execute a strategic planning process that makes sense for your business. Fundamental to our approach is ensuring an agile process that does not become an all-consuming effort.
To achieve this goal, IT must develop and maintain a good understanding of each of the organization’s key process areas. From this, plans can be developed, alignment with key stakeholders can be confirmed, and a budgeting process correctly informed.
At a high level, our process looks like this:
In executing this process, we accomplish the following:
- Form a comprehensive understanding of the organization’s current strategy, including end-user needs and expectations
- Understand significant issues confronting the organization
- High-level inventory of “as is” IT capabilities (people, process and technologies)
- Review IT Security, compliance, and privacy practices / results
- Review the Infrastructure & Application Strategy
- Assess IT Organization Structure & Skills
- Assess core IT processes (e.g. Portfolio Management Process)
- Conduct a benchmark, if appropriate
- Develop IT Roadmap
- Develop Project Plans required to realize the Roadmap
The Puffin team has the knowledge and experience to help IT organizations identify opportunities to improve their effectiveness and thereby provide higher value to their organizations.
Contact Puffin Advisors today and let us help your IT organization fly to the right target. Learn how we would approach your unique situation and make lasting and positive impacts. To learn about our other services, please click here.